DEVIANT: Artist of the Week - Ms. Allie Baby


Meet Ms. Allie Baby....REPPIN for  "DRUM-SQUAD"....Don't let that cute face fool you...she has a passion for this shit! and BARS to prove it! Make Sure you Download her Mixtape "STUDY HALL"  here >>> STUDY HALL MIXTAPE CLICK HERE ...follow her @ms_allie_baby






Hey Ms. Allie Baby thanks so much for doing this Interview with Me. I love to see a DOPE artist doin it!  You definately are doing your thing with a strong team behind you! Tell the people a little bit about you.











1. What's your name?




Allie Baby formerly Alizee' for those of you who just started to pay attention.










2.Where are you from?




New Orleans, Louisiana. "The East" "9th Ward"











3.Where do you reside?




"NewOrlanta" pronounced- NU-R-LANTA. I have residency in both cities. I'm often back and forth.










4.What do you Do?




I hate to use the term "rap" considering every chick/dude who records in their patna's in-house booth is a so called "rapper". I mean EVERYBODY raps today. And the "rappers" I've heard makes me instantly substitute my craft with another term. That term would be "composer". I couldn't stay in one lane if you paid me to. So chances are someone's going to get rolled over.

















5. What's your Passion?




My passion is to give my heart what it's been beating for since day one. I'm a "sucker for love." Music is the only thing that can conclude my journey in this lifetime. But that also has to be accommodated with achievements, respect, and prosperity. I can find the ideal man, have a happy marriage and wealth, but if these expectations within my career aren't met then I'm doomed. I wouldn't rest under that headstone.










6. How Did you get started ?




I started in high school talent shows. I danced and rapped. A few years down the line I was apart of a New Orleans based girl group named "BlakIyce". I left the group 3yrs later and started traveling back and forth to Atlanta where I did a lot of shows with Lil Scrappy which led to future opportunities and networking.




7. Since your a ARTIST you must love music. What are your TOP 5 ARTIST of all TIME?





Top 5 is hard to put in range. But let me get my thoughts together on this one. (PAUSE)..............




1.TLC..... those girls had the most bizarre influence on me ever!!! I wore the baggy clothes and everything. Die hard fan.




2. Lauryn Hill...the game misses you.




3. 2Pac ....every bar that man recited was heart felt. Mad man one day, and an activist the next. Your definition of a "passionate artist."




4.NWA...... ruthless, innovators, and revolutionist with a combative approach.




5.Prince..... who can wear tight clothes and still have ALL the women? What makes him so impeccable is that he can't be copied











8. There are alot of people doing music out there...how do you keep yourself relavant?




I keep my face in these streets, clubs, events, blogs, Internet, etc. I'm still considered " The Nu Nu" so my task is extremely challenging. To stay relevant there's basically no bathroom stops, no lunch breaks, no quality time, no girl talk, no hot showers. You have to say good bye to your old day to day routines and convert that into non-stop productive activity. Not to toot my own horn, but I wasn't unanimously voted "the most popular girl" and "homecoming queen" for nothing. I'll just take it back to school on they ass.










9. You are Super Producer Drumma Boy artist. How did you get the attention of such a prominent producer?




I met Drumma Boy through Lil Scrappy. I heard some of his beats and was like "okay that's hot." He started sending me beats through mail. He followed up on my grind and I followed up on him as well. The very first time I think it hit him was when I showed up in Atlanta with boxes of my mixtape hosted by Mr. Gangsta Grillz himself DJ Drama. This was like in 05'. I was young as hell traveling on the road by myself trying to get my product out there. I funded my own shit and did everything by myself. My talent was the obvious but it was my dedication and go-getter persona that made him reach out.











10. What are some of your accomplishments?




Not quite the common answer you will normally get but my BIGGEST accomplishment is becoming a woman. Age doesn't define a man nor woman. You really have to grow mentally and do some soul searching. Folks don't understand all the trouble I got into growing up. I was out of control. People always least expect but the aura of my presence and my exterior is a flat out LIE...(laughs)




I've also received countless trophies , metals, and merits throughout my youth that gave me a pass as an established competitor. My family will probably read this interview and name a few more I left out. But my most commendable accomplishments that can't go without mention are in the next chapter of my life. I have a couple more pages to highlight and complete first.










11. How can people reach you?





They can hit me up on twitter. Find me under @ms_allie_baby ....I also have a facebook www.facebook.com/alliemusic




For shows, or features they can contact my manager Squeak @ 678-642-2050










12. Are you working on anything else at this time besides music?




I'm cast in an independent film entitled "Keeper of the Flame" which is directed by Brian Neilson whom also brought aboard the executive producers of the HBO series "Treme".










13. If you could make music with anyone who would it be??





Geesh, there's many. But to narrow it down to one it would probably be Alicia Keys. She wasn't in my "top 5 artist of all time" because she's still young with at least another decade to go. She's outstanding but still apart of the "New School".







Thanks soo Much Allie Baby for doing this interview...it's refreshing to see young females doing their  thing creatively and you are def one to watch!!!  EVERYONE  make sure you Download Ms. Allie Baby Mixtape   "STUDY HALL" free @ www.drum-squad.com/mixtape










LISTEN TO HER SINGLE "GHETTO" HERE>>>



                                           A Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh Boooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT DRUMMA BOY online at http://www.DRUM-SQUAD.com/  and follow him @IAMDRUMMA








Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More