Q&A With Ms. Allie

A Moment w/ Rising Star and Drum Squad’s Super Woman: A Ms Peep Game EXCLUSIVE Q&A with Allie Baby

1.So for those who are not familiar with your work, tell us how you would describe your music? What type of musicians would you call your influences? When a new fan sees you do you ever hear that you remind them of anyone in particular, if so who? Do you write all of your own music? What else do you do with the music (production, etc)? 

I’d like to think of my music as one big multi genre collage. I’m not a one lane driver. It’s almost like telling me I can drive but if I see something along the way I can’t site see or get out to touch and feel it in my grasp. My music is life’s timeline. Any musician who was and is a VOICE aka teachers are and will always be my musical influences. The Lauryn Hills, the 2 Pacs, the Marvin Gayes, Commons, NWA’s, Mary J Blige women empowerment types, and any innovators who wasn’t scared to have their own identity and dare to be different are the ones who have an impact on my music. As far as new fans and who they compare me to, it’s crazy because my comparisons are always a male. I remind them of Lil, Wayne, T.I. , Yo Gotti, etc. Elaborating on what I do with my music is just basically issuing it out to the public in the most clever way possible. I’m also stepping up my songwriting skills. I’ll be submitting demos for artist working on their albums. Publishing checks are fat.

ALLIE BABY


2. What does any man who even considers getting with you need to know from the gate?
Please leave your representative at home when we meet. I need to see the real you. I’m a girly girl when it comes to relationships and romance. Treat me like a Queen and you can be treated as a king. I love a man who takes care of his hygiene. That means to floss when you brush those pearly whites. Consistency and loyalty will keep me with a smile bigger than money can buy.

3.How do you hold your own in a crowds full of typically male dominated stages and studios? Have you ever been uncomfortable in a setting? What do you do to keep positive and keep getting out there?


I let these niggaz know on front street what type of female I am. All of them try. And even though I shut it down men tend to want what they can’t have. So the attraction intensifies and they’re always out for the prey. However, what’s understood doesn’t need to be said so my respect is imperative. As far as being uncomfortable, I was in the very beginning. But I’m smarter now to isolate myself from any uncomfortable situation or scenery.

4.Would you say your lyrics are uplifting to women? Can you recite something of yours that a woman may want or need to hear?


I’d say yes to that. You never heard me degrade myself in any song. If I’m speaking on a sexual topic its always something that I’m obviously doing with my significant other. Sex is a part of relationships/life. I’m human. I have human needs and I do human acts. It’s uplifting because it’s saying it’s okay for a WOMAN to embrace her inner sexy just as a man. But Allie Baby is tasteful. You’ll never hear me saying I can stick a “2 Litter” down my throat. I have quotes for days…. so here’s where I get my free promo in. If you viewers want quotes please feel free to download my mixtape ”Study Hall” at www.drum-squad.com/mixtape


5.What do you think is the number one problem ailing black relationships today?


I think folks forgot the meaning of relationships. They forgot how sacred they are. If you’re incompetent then don’t sign up for the job. A relationship requires work and half these folks too lazy to keep a job. So they quit. Also, attraction and love is suppose to close the deal. But compatibility is ALWAYS overlooked and that should ALWAYS be the FIRST requirement. Love just makes it final.

6.You were tweeting about how people in New Orleans are not the same since Katrina… Talk more about this. What has changed? Is it predominantly with Black people, or all people? How does N.O. feel different? Do you believe that Katrina was a “natural” disaster, or something that could have been avoided?

Five years after Katrina and the city is still tarnished. Not much has changed. They haven’t even did anything to the city’s landscape in certain neighborhoods that were demolished in the storm. Downtown New Orleans was first priority to be rebuild because of the tourists. But the culture, which is the people were left to grieve loved ones, their homes, and the sanity they lost in the process of being treated as if we were from a third world country. New Orleans feels different because it IS indeed different. Even the parts that have been rebuild are odd. It’s like having an antique. An antique is valuable. New Orleans is an antique and one of the most honorable, unique, cultivated, historical cities ever. Remodel or destroy an antique and you lose it’s value. New Orleans will never be the same. I do feel Katrina was a natural disaster. A lot could have been avoided but the government and the States Army Of Corps Engineers failed us.

7.Tell us about some of your projects in the works now… what can we look out for?


Right now I’m getting my Nia Long, Halle Berry, Jada Pinket, on.I have a new high for acting. Hopefully some Oscars along with Grammy’s in my future. For performances and to keep up with Allie just follow me on twitter. www.twitter.com/ms_allie_baby For all my latest music hit up www.drum-squad.com/mixtape or www.myspace.com/alizeeboss

8.What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla

9.What is something you “peeped game” on recently? Something you learned that you never really knew or realize?


Crazy, but I peeped that men hate on women more than other women. Where they do that at?

10.Tell us something not many folks know about you?

I’m one of the sweetest, most kind hearted people you’ll ever meet.

11.Why do you rap? What does it do for you?

Rapping is my therapy. It keeps me sane.

12.Where do you see Hip Hop in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in Hip Hop in 5 years?
In 5 years I see Hip Hop returning back to it’s roots. When significance and substance was key.They say history repeats itself. In this case I hope they’re right. In 5 years I see myself finally reaching the bottom of my checklist of goals. Then I’ll write out a new one for the next 5 years. 5 years from now in hip hop I see my self highly respected. You aint gotta luv me. But you WILL respect me.


13.Is rapping your only job? If so name some of the worst jobs you have ever done? If not, what else do you do while you are staging your success in hip hop? If you didn’t rap what would you do?

Rapping is one of my jobs. Responsibilities are a handful of jobs. So i’m a hard worker. I never considered anything I did as the worst job ever. So I guess I skipped the whole “I hate my job” rage. It I wasn’t rapping I would probably be at a university studying psychology or law.

14.What is in your playlist right now? Top 10 artists/songs..

I don’t have a top 10. Currently in my ipod right now during my daily workouts is 2 Pac, Drake, B.O.B. Rick Ross and J. Cole.

15.What about the hip hop game is turning you OFF right now?


Lack of substance, and lack of females.

16.What current event is happening right now that needs to be handled? How would you handle it if you were in charge?

lol. Wow it’s really no way to sum it up because it’s so many. It’s all politics and it’s all greed. Not sure how I would handle it if I were in charge but let’s just say a black man in office aint got shit on a black woman in office. Bitch is an understatement.

Thank you Allie. The poise, humor, and direction you display shows that you are much more than a pretty face, and destined for success. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to touch base with you now, as a rising star. I am sure your fans will appreciate getting to know you better. Let’s do work!

~Ms. Peep Game~

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More